Thank you to all who have prayed and connected with us over the last 2 weeks as Steve’s neurosurgeon put him into surgery the very next day after consulting on his latest MRI results. Thankfully Facebook and emails helped us get the urgent prayer needs out, and as you all prayed, things went really well. Steve is at home recovering and resting.

Since April Steve had seen issues developing again in his peripheral vision, and the MRI confirmed that the tumor had reconstituted. The doctor agreed that the same surgery as before could again provide relief and recovery of full eyesight, so the surgery happened on June 14th.

This time around Steve was in the hospital longer, as more of his hormones were out of balance following the surgery, but thank God, they stabilized and he is expecting a very similar recovery to what he had last time.

The exciting thing for us is that the doctor said, “Sure, you should be good to go for the July 19th staff conference in Colorado,” and cleared Steve to fly by then if nothing else comes up. So we are planning to join all the staff in Fort Collins this summer!

Please pray that Steve’s full eyesight returns, that the tumor will stop doing any growing, and that Steve will recover fully. Ask the Lord to give the doctors wisdom as they care for him. Please pray too that the Lord would provide the additional funds we need to cover the out of pocket medical expenses, about $7000. Thank you for your prayers and concern!

Further Reading from the Email Updates June 13, 2019

Steve in Surgery Tomorrow June 14th!

Thank you to all for your prayers for Steve.

Today I saw the neurosurgeon who did the pituitary tumor removal 2 years ago, as there has been loss of peripheral vision issues again with my eyesight over the last 2 months.

He wanted to move quickly to redo the surgery because the tumor has regrown and refilled with liquid, so it’s pushing on my optic nerve and causing what could become blindness if untreated.

Then in trying to schedule and get me in sooner than later, it turns out there was an opening for tomorrow June 14th! Surprised, but it will work out, so we are all set to go in the morning!

I appreciate all your prayers for a successful surgery, recovery and the adjustments to all the summer schedule. So thankful for the Lord’s presence and peace and the comfort from so many concerned friends praying for us.

Further Reading from the Email Updates June 17, 2019

Steve Recovery And Updates

Thank you to all for your prayers for Steve.

Recovery has gone well, though longer than the first time as levels return. Steve is feeling much better. His comments today:

Prayers needed. Doc just came in to share results of the surgery from what he saw and what the MRI shows. Basically did the exact same surgery and wasn’t able to remove any more of the shell than before, but the pressure is relieved. Like last time, no immediate vision improvement but the expectation is it will recover like last time. Problem is the likelihood that it regrows again, so he suggested going in now for the skull opening surgery, or just choose the wait and see how it goes. I don’t know which, so please pray. Will still be here in hospital til tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your prayers!

Further Reading from the Email Updates June 19, 2019

Steve’s Brain Surgery 2